- Check the roots of your orchid. If the roots are green and the bark is dark and moist - watering can wait a few more days. If the roots look grey, and the bark is dry - it's time to water
- Remove the plastic grow pot from inside the decorative ceramic and place the orchid in a water-tight container
- Pour water onto the bark and let the water fill the container to the halfway mark
- Let the orchid soak for at least 20 minutes. If the orchid is very dry, it can soak for 1-2 hours
- Remove the orchid and its plastic grow pot from the water and allow the roots to dry. You can pour out the remaining water from the container
- Return the orchid and its plastic grow pot to the decorative ceramic and enjoy!